Create an educational music video using open source software and Linux


I teach English to seven year olds in China. One point of English grammar that is especially difficult for a native Chinese speaker is when to use "is," "am," and "are," or when to add an "s" to verbs (example: "I like," or "he likes"). To make this easier for my students, I decided to write, sing, and put together a music video for them to watch.

I will not be doing a tutorial specific to each piece of software I used, but with rather write up a guide of sorts saying how and why I used each piece of software. I have been a long time advocate of Linux and especially open source software. I hope that my music video demonstrates that a professional(ish?) music video can be created using only open sourced software.

Read article »

No comments:

Post a Comment