Whipping cream using a blender




I have always been a fan of doing things the quick and easy (lazy) way. I will show you how to whip cream using a blender.





Before you begin, you will need to make sure that the cream you will be whipping is chilled (put it in the refrigerator at least 2-3 hours before whipping.


In this example, I put 2 cups of cream in my blender. How much you are able to put in depends on your blender and blender size, but I do not recommend putting more cream than 1/4th the capacity of your blender.

Make sure you have the lid on and everything is covered securely (or you will make a mess like I did. I forgot to cover the spout).
Once the lid is on, turn the blender on while shaking the blender up and down. You can perhaps get away with not shaking the blender, but I find that it does a better job whipping air into the cream. It also makes the cream more uniform.

As you are shaking, you will begin to feel it getting creamier (it will feel heavier as it comes down, because as it gets creamier, it sticks together more). Once you feel it is creamier (and can often hear the motor slowing down) you should turn your blender off to check it. Total blending time will probably only be about 15 - 30 seconds. Be careful to not over blend the cream.

Once it is blended properly, you can mix in sugar to taste. Watch the video below to see how I did it.

Here is the cream that I whipped in the blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment