The Difference Between RAW and JPG - A Visual Guide

RAW Image Edited in Darktable
Ever since I have been getting more into photography I have always been looking for what I need to do to improve my skills. I am not aspiring to become a professional photographer, but I believe that I can make simple changes to the way I take pictures that will improve the overall quality of my photos.


One of the improvements I made a while ago was shooting everything in the camera's RAW format. I have noticed that there are some pretty big drawbacks to shooting in RAW. Namely, it takes much more memory, it takes longer to edit, and the camera takes longer to process and save the images to my SD card. With all these drawbacks, I decided to do an experiment to convince myself that shooting in RAW is worth the extra effort.


Read article »

No comments:

Post a Comment